DOF x TRADIIO Interview: 21 Questions w/ Chris Durkin


DEFINITION OF FRESH x TRADIIO presents you to the talented Manchester, UK artist, Chris Durkin. This talented artist has this banging track worth checking entitled "Take Your Time" with Callum Stubs....Now it's time to check out the interview 21 Questions with Chris Durkin.

What's On TV: The big bang theory

What's On My Playlist: Too much stuff!

Favorite Movie: Inception

Magazines/Books: I don’t read much…

Why do you "Love'' Music? I think because music is powerful in so many different ways, it can speak to so many different people all over the world.

Favorite Artist: I don’t think I could choose one!

Favorite Group: Again I don’t really have one but at the moment I’m really into RÜFÜS, they’ve got a really distinct sound.

Favorite Producer: Deadmau5 just because he takes the piss.

1st album you ever purchased? Honestly I can’t remember, I can’t even remember what happened last week. It was probably something embarrassing like one of the Now That’s What I Call Music!’ albums.

How old were you when you when you realized you wanted to be an artist? Probably around 13/14 after I started playing guitar and started recording stuff. Before that I just wanted to be in a band but I think when I really started to get into the production side I realised I wanted to become an artist.


How would you describe your music?  I always have trouble trying to describe my music, when people ask. I usually just say electronic/downtempo!


How has your life changed since becoming an artist? Since becoming an artist my life has pretty much revolved around listening to music, producing music, Djing.


What are thoughts on the presence & importance of technology in music? I think technology is pretty important, but I wouldn’t say it’s nearly as important as the actual music. In terms of producing you need to get a good sound but if the music isn’t great then what’s the point. 


What are thoughts on the Electronic scene in Manchester and the UK and it's influence on the genre?  Well I think obviously Manchester has a massive house music scene and generally electronic artists coming form the UK are incredible producers and musicians, so I think we’re definitely one of the front runners in influencing the scene. You don’t get much cheesy ‘EDM’ from the UK so I think it’s pushed the electronic scene in a more creative direction.


What are your influences? My influences are pretty wide spread to be honest, I used to listen to old school rock kind of music but more currently I get influenced by the more creative types of music, anything that I find on YouTube or Soundcloud really that has great chords or melody lines or generally just a good vibe.
 
What was the process that birth the collaborations "Take Your Time" with Callum Stubs featuring Liv ?   ‘Take Your Time’ was initially started back in October I think, Callum messaged me one day asking me if we wanted to work on a track, and it sort of went from there. It took a while to get the track to a standard we were both happy with and then we were on a lookout for a vocalist and we found Liv who was a perfect fit.


What do you think is the most important thing you have yet to master to help your progress in the music game? I think for me to help progress I need to work on making more music and just going with what sounds good. It takes me a while to finish tracks because I’m so indecisive and critical at every point; I’m my own worst enemy with that.


What’s your favorite & least thing about performing a live show? I’m currently working on getting enough music for a live performance, but in terms of DJing my favourite thing is when I’m playing great tracks and people are really enjoying it, it’s a great feeling knowing you’re doing something right. My least favourite thing is definitely before; I get so nervous its unreal.

 Where do you see yourself as an artist in 5 years?   I see myself hopefully gigging regularly, and making a living from music.


What’s up next for Chris Durkin? Well I’ve been working on loads of new music that I’m really excited about, I’m working with some incredible vocalists and writers, I’m really trying to push my sound at the moment, so lookout for my new tracks coming soon.

Any Last Words? Just recently I set up an ‘Inner Circle’ with Tradiio, which is a great music streaming website. Already I’ve got so much support and it’s a great way for people to get involved in my music and get exclusive stuff so you should check it out! 

Latest Project/Projects:



"If you love this song, head over to https://tradiio.com/chris-durkin/circle and join Chris Durkin's Circle. You can subscribe with anything upwards of $1 per month to support the artist directly and get exclusive content in return"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN