Friday, April 17, 2015
Mello Music Group sends the visual "Ten Year Party" by Detroit's Red Pill, from the new album "Look What This World Did To Us". Directed by Jay Brown.
Look What This World Did To Us:
The recently formed California based Hip-Hop duo known as Grand Opus drops the second video for their latest single titled “The Key”, comprised of Bay Area producer Centric and Fresno native emcee Joc Scholar. Directed & Edited by Ape House Films.
***Thanks to Dub MD for sending***
Google Play: http://smarturl.it/TheKeyGP
This week on the Str8OutDaDen Podcast they brought in the homie Fast Ronald. Now based in California, Fast Ronald clues us in on a new project he's working on with DJ Burn One and then proceeds to explain how his love of gambling made him a better rapper.
***Thanks to Str8OutDaDen for sending***
Mello Music Group sends Oddisee's final single before the upcoming May 5th release of his solo album The Good Fight. The new single, Belong To The World, finds Oddisee contemplating his role in a larger scheme while ethereal vocals and childhood chimes swirl throughout the tracks production.
Philadelphia artist, Gone Wallace sends the first official single from his forthcoming LP and documentary, |HAVEN|. Stream & Download below!!!
|HAVEN| Teaser Trailer: http://t.co/i1DsaeVd0i
Thursday, April 16, 2015
One of my friend told me one day that the best thing to do in order to create a relationship with somebody, is to ask questions. People can’t offer you a new job, a free beat, a free verse, but they obvisouly can’t refuse to help someone who is asking a smart question. Yeah you read right, the smarter the question, the higher the chance to build a helpful relationship.
But to make it count, a question got to be a good question. How ?
- Chose your « target » : identify the influencers in your activity, and use social medias like Twitter to reach them easily.
- Learn concrete things about your target : what are they working on ? What ideas do they defend ?
- Identify on what and how you could add value in this upcoming relationship : if you want them to listen to you, be sure they will want you to be interesting !
- Break the ice : your question must be opened to longer conversations, and must show that you are serious in your demand thanks to relevant information.
- Ask for it, twice if needed : no answer back ? Great ! It’s an opportunity to learn more information about the person you want to reach, and to be back at him / her more powerful on another support !
- Of course, say thank you : saying thank you is powerful and there are many ways to say it !
Here we go, as usual feel free to share your opinion with a comment or holla at me on Twitter and Instagram, and of course do not hesitate to ask me anything!
SOHH PR sends the visual "City of Nightmares II" by Alex Faith & Dre Murray featuring Ada-L, from "Southern Lights: Overexposed" which hits stores April 28, 2015 via Collision Records.
Pre-order at iTunes:
Kinetics sends the visual to CJ Holland's cover of Jack Ü's "Where Are Ü Now".
Directed and edited by Aaron Dean.
Cinematography by Aaron Dean & Tim Gvr.
Conceptualized by Aaron Dean and Kinetics & One Love.
Produced by Nullah Sarker of Hourglass Entertainment.
Performed by CJ Holland. Music produced by One Love.
Jack Ü – Where Are Ü Now (CJ Holland Official Cover):
UMusicians sends the track Saved A Boyfriend by Toronto native and Rugged Pop artist Alexa Ferr. Saved A Boyfriend was written and produced by the popular Los Angeles-based production team, The Invaders (Josh Levi, Blake McGrath, Ashley Roberts).