DOF x TRADIIO Interview: 21 Questions w/ Habeeb


DEFINITION OF FRESH x TRADIIO presents you to the talented Manchester, UK emcee, Habeeb.  This talented emcee has a listen worthy playlist worth checking out...Now it's time to check out the interview 21 Questions with Habeeb.

What's On TV:

I don't really watch TV, I stream a lot of shows though

What's On My Playlist:

Right now, New Future (EVOL) just dropped so obviously I have that in rotation, Consideration by Rihanna, Majid Jordan, Anderson Paak & Jayaire Woods. I usually switch up what I listen to every now and then

Favorite Movie:

Limitless

Magazines/Books:

Don' really read if I'm being honest, I should though

Why do you "Love'' Hip Hop?

Never said I did love Hip Hop, if anything I love music. I listen to all genres and styles and I create in the same way

Favorite Emcee:

Biggie, Jay-Z, Drake, J Cole, Kendrick Lamar

Favorite Group:

A Tribe Called Quest

Favorite Producer:

Sango

1st rap album you ever purchased?

Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

How old were you when you first spit your rhyme?

I think I was about 12

How did you come up with the name Habeeb?

That's actually my first name 


How would you describe your music? 

I'd describe my music as an expression of myself, experimental but greatly influenced by Hip Hop/R&B

How has your life changed since becoming a rap artist?

I feel like I can use my music as a way of reflecting on the past and really evaluating it

What are thoughts on the Hip-Hop scene in Manchester and the UK and it's influence on the genre? 

Don't listen to any Manchester Hip Hop

What are your influences? 

My influences are from all genres such as Hip Hop, R&B, House, Pop, Alternative. I like old school A Tribe Called Quest, but I also like Future, Drake and all the new school too. I'd say i'm influenced by both eras.

What was the process that birth the tracks "Real Interlude", "Worth It", "Money Stash" and "Her"? 

Real was an old track I had written I never got to recording, Worth It was reflection of a past experience and Money Stash was just me turning up and having fun with a track

What do you think is the most important thing you have yet to master to help your progress in the rap game? 

Right now I think the most important thing is just working to get better, release more music and refine my style

What’s your favorite thing about performing a live show? And your least favorite thing about performing a live show?

My favorite thing is seeing people sing along to my records in the crowd... Least favorite is when performing to a boring audience

Where do you see yourself as an artist in 5 years?

In 5 years I want to have a unique sound and mastery of my craft

What’s up next for Habeeb?

Working on a new project right now, dropping sometime around Summer 2016, watch out for that 

Any Last Words?

Look out for my new project dropping this summer

Latest Project/Projects:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN