Adam Reverie - Wanna Be A Nigga


Detroit's Adam Reverie sends his new track "Wanna Be A Nigga", produced by @JXHNSCXTT. Check out what Adam has to say about the concept of the track and stream below!!!

I've held on to this record for almost 2yrs, afraid of who it may offend afraid of who it may hurt. But as I wake up a Black man in America, I realize this country hasn't cared that it has hurt me nor others like me. A country built off the free labor of Blacks, a country we have literally carried on our backs. A country that chooses to appropriate Black culture yet chooses to shy away from Black issues. See to me it seems everyone wants to be Black until it's time to actually be Black. You know the discrimination, the racism, the prejudice, the injustice. Well this record is for all the innocent Black lives taken by crooked law enforcement, this record is for the #BlackLivesMatter  movement, this record is for everyone who wants to be a "Nigga" without actually being treated like one. This record is for White America and it's children who through rap music have adopted "Nigga" into their vocabulary, but remain silent when White cops dispose of us "Niggas" with violence. This record is for all my Negus who call themselves "Niggas", my brothas this record ain't just for them.. I also made this record for us..And all who "Wanna Be A Nigga". - Adam Reverie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN