Interview: big rob + defintion of fresh + dunn deal promotions
Nashville rapper and Hardhitter Entertainment head Big Rob presents the Dino2Times-directed music video for “Danielle Robertson”. In 2011 Big Rob made his movie debut as an extra in King of the Ville-Cashville Killers. Big Rob also performed at the 2012 H.H.V. Awards (Hip Hop in The Ville). Since then Big Rob has performed at MTSU, BB King’s, Centerstage, Jazz & Jokes and Hard Rock Cafe in Nashville. Other Big Rob visuals include “Talk To Me Girl” (Youtube) and “Burning Down The Family Tree” (Youtube). Rob says his new single was inspired “by a crush that got away, and you always wondered what it could have been if you got with them.”
What was life like growing up in Nashville?
Growing up in Nashville was uplifting for me, it molded me into the person I am today. Nashville is like a big melting pot, there are so many different cultures here. Nashville is more than country music and it’s time that the whole world sees it.
What do you think separates your style from others?
Nowadays most rappers stick to the same subject in their music: Money, parties, and women. I want the people to hear something realer than that when they listen to me. Don’t get me wrong, I talk about money and women in my music too but there’s more to life than that. What makes me different is I’m not afraid to let people know who the real Big Rob is. Nowadays a lot of artist don’t let you know who they really are and that’s a huge problem in hip hop right now. One thing about me is you’re going to get all of my emotions in my music weather its anger, sadness, happiness, or love. All of my songs will make you feel something.
What advice do you have for upcoming rappers?
Be different and don’t give up on your goals. It’s a hard business to get into but it’s worth it because you have the power to touch so many lives with your words. Always remember why you got into this business and never forget where you came from. Take good and bad criticism, it will make you stronger and always keep supportive people around you.
What’s your favorite non-rap album of all time and why?
Amerie, All I Have. I like how much emotion she put into that album, I like how she was able to tell good stories about falling in & out of love. One of my favorite songs on that album was “All I Have” I can relate to that song because it seemed like she loves hard and I’m the same way. Whenever I’m in love, I love hard and I would do anything for that person. In someone’s album you can tell how someone handles love and she gave me the impression that her love runs deep.


Comments
Post a Comment