Interview: 2four + definition of fresh + dunn deal pr



Nashville, TN born and raised rapper 2Four presents his new Pandora Nightz-produced single “Night to Remember”, from his soon to be released album Abstract, featuring Nagra Beats, Ford Beats, Pandora Nightz, DJ Shaw T, The Trill, Ric & Thadeus and Official Street Empire. His previous work includes the video “Blackout” (stream on YouTube). “Abstract is in a way my own musical compilation with different mixtures of sounds and lyrical efforts. There isn’t really a concrete characteristic to this album but it expresses the essence and vibes of many different feelings and emotions that blend together sort of like something you’d see in a painting or at an art gallery”.

What inspired “Night To Remember”? Was it a particular night in your life? Paint us a picture.

I actually wrote the song around New Years a while back and it was just a vibe really, so it was around a cool time and it just kind of clicked. It’s one of those songs where there isn’t much of a deep thinking process and I just went into it riding the wave of the moment and the words just came together. It’s a fun song that I just wanted to play around with words and at the same time kind of display the kind of party atmosphere that comes around a time like that.

What’s your favorite non-rap album of all time and why?

In all honesty I don’t have a favorite album whether it be rap or any other genre. I listen to so much that I’d rather not put that type of pressure on myself. My music playlist is a crazy plethora of stuff and it goes from rap to country to EDM and so on. I just love that music no matter the genre can evoke so many different feelings and emotions and for an artist like me its a great escape and a way to tell my story and my truths and I’m very inspired by it and respect people in this business a great deal.

What do you think surprises listeners the most about you?

I think how diverse my sound is and how it encompasses a lot of different sounds and genres. I’m constantly trying to find a new sound and find a different way to present certain vibes and stories. And I would also say my lyrical approach is one of my strengths and people that listen to me will be able to paint their own pictures and create their own meanings and I like to try to make people decipher what it all means in its entirety and come to a conclusion that may be totally different or possibly the exact same thought.


Tell us about growing up and living in Nashville.

It’s great. It’s a place of great history and the vibe of Nashville is just a melting pot of different things mixed in. I don’t think I’d be the artist that I am and growing to be had I not grew up here. Living here gave me the chance to enjoy many different genres growing up. That environment allowed me to develop a love for music that I believe would not have been possible had I been anywhere else. I’ve been here all my life and it’s not as many native Nashvillians as it use to be anymore so honestly it would mean a lot for me to stay here as an artist and accomplish my goals and make my mark as a artist in Nashville that isn’t necessarily doing country which Nashville is so very well known for.

What was the experience of working with Pandora Nightz like?

It was a nice experience. There wasn’t a big session or anything like that but the production was killer from the beginning and I just felt the beat had the feel that I was looking for and it was my job to fully bring it to life. He has a really nice sound and hopefully we’ll be helping each other and working together again in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN