Interview: 21 Questions w/ FreshfromDE
DEFINITION OF FRESH presents you to the Boston / Delaware artist FreshfromDE. This talented Artist, Writer, Producer and Engineer has a few singles and an EP worth checking out entitled "Land In It" feat. Jefe Replay, "Matches Malone" and "The Ritual EP" with Roca Beats. Now it's time to check out the interview 21 Questions with FreshfromDE.
What's On TV: My Hero Academia
What's On My Playlist: Jefe Replay, Dutch Rebelle, Plad Finesse, Cousin Stizz
Favorite Movie: The Wiz (Because of the music)
Magazines / Books: Magazines: Books, The Secret
Why do you "Love" Hip Hop/Rap Music? I Love Hip Hop because of the way it pulls passion out of you. I understand theres a bunch of artists that are perceived not passionate but I love how no matter what your doing or where your place is as a hip hop artist, the music always tends to make you push harder or "give more" to what ever cause your doing.
Favorite Artist: Myself
Favorite Group: The Lox
Favorite Producer: Quincy Jones
1st Album, CD or Download you ever purchased? Lyricist Lounge 2
How old were you when you when you realized you wanted to be a Hip Hop/Rap artist? When I was 10 years old. Writing my first rap
How would you describe your music? Inspirational Underground hiphop with a east coast soul
How has your life changed since becoming an artist? One of the main things thats changed has been my environment. I grew up 17 years in Delaware and since becoming an artist and following my music, I've relocated to Boston Massachusetts and traveled across the U.S.
What are thoughts on the presence & importance of Hip Hop/Rap in music? What's the meaning of your name FreshfromDE? my name can mean a few different things. If you separate the words its Fresh-From-D-E . "DE" is short for Delaware. So no matter where I go I represent the home state. Delaware isn't really known musically so its one of the main reasons I want to remind people where I'm originally from.
What are your musical influences? When I started rapping all the way to high school my musical influences consisted of people from the "lyricists lounge show" , the Lox, old dessert storm and the whole Roc-a-fella movement ( mostly the groups in philly because that was close to delaware. Philly rap and philly rappers tend to be popular in the delaware area.)
What was the process that birthed the single Matches Malone? When I first got the beat it was titled "Bruce Wayne". From their I knew I wanted to make a batman inspired song. In a bunch of my previous works I embody superheros and characters from my favorite shows so this idea for a batman inspired song fit right in. I didnt want to just call it "a batman song" or really say that i was batman in the lyrics of the song. I wanted to elude to the fact that musically I could be related to batman in a way. I was doing some batman research and I stumbled upon a name "Matches Malone". It was a villain of batman but also batman used that name sometimes when he would go undercover. So I thought "Matches Malone" couldn't be anymore perfect of a name to the song.
What do you think is the most important thing you have yet to master to help your progress in music? Patience and discipline. The discipline to keep working consistently on all the things for your Artist career that ISN'T MUSIC. And the patience to wait for something to happen. Sometimes we try to force things and situations too much when the proper pieces have already been in place.
What’s your favorite & least thing about performing a live show? My favorite thing about performing live is the energy it brings. People really get to experience the music when they see how passionate I am when I'm at a show. Least favorite thing is the timing of shows. Sometimes events get real disorganized based on the times and when they can start certian shows. I think some of those timings messes up the crowds. Sometimes ending to early or ending to late.
Where do you see yourself as an artist in 5 years? Performing at Coachella!!!
What’s up next for FreshfromDE? New Project dropping with A.B. Soarin called "The Leftovers". 27th of october I have a show in LA with Rakeem Miles and Left Brain from Odd Future. And ALL NEW VISUALS FROM MY LA TRAVELS!!
Any Last Words? Yep!!! I want to give a big shout out to you guys for having me. I def appreciate the talk!!!
Latest Release:
Boston / Delaware artist FreshfromDE has been highly productive since the start of the year, having released 3 singles, 2 videos, an international EP and performing nationwide shows, he's showing no signs of slowing down any time soon either, his latest 'stand alone' release "Land In It" is a self-produced collaboration with Cousin Stizz 'Suffolk County' featured artist Jefe Replay. Stream the track below!!!
Source: Dub MD




Comments
Post a Comment