filthy rich + d.o.f. + dunn deal promotions



Southside Chicago rapper Filthy Rich presents the We Video Visions-directed music video for “All I Want”, the new Paris Beuller-produced single from Reservoir Dog, Rich’s forthcoming album also featuring production from Hearontrackz, C-Sick, Ill Brown and Snapbackondatrack. The visual also stars Basik Da Kidd. Reservoir Dogs will be Filthy’s first album since he overcame end stage renal failure, which he was diagnosed with just before he released his 2013 album White Devil (DatPiff). 2015 saw the release of the music video for “Easter Sunday” (Youtube). Other releases include (DatPiff), The G.W.O.P. Chronicles (Spotify), Trappy Holidays and Tricks Or Beats. “I was in the lab with Beuller goin over beats”, Rich says. “This beat came on, we started vibing and he just started freestyling the hook. I told him I wouldn’t take the beat without it. I copped it and put my verses to it, and the rest was history”.

How do you think the public’s perception of white rappers has changed in the last couple of years?

Its been an impediment over the years. People are real quick to make assumptions about white rappers. But, it has gotten better over the last few years. The industry and the public are becoming more accepting about it, and that's opening more opportunities.

What’s your favorite rap album of all time and why?

Illmatic. Nas will always be the G.O.A.T. To me. His rhymes are so in depth. He really paint that picture. And the beats were so cold. I been bumpin it since I was a shorty. In a lot of ways its been the soundtrack to my life. 


Describe Chicago to someone who’s never been there.

It's the greatest city in the world. Come hungry. Come thirsty. But don't be no dummy and don't let nobody send you off. Don't go into these hoods unless you're welcome, and even then, keep your head on a swivel. Be aware of the shit goin on around you, and play it safe. You do that and you'll have a great time here.

What’s the biggest thing that has changed in your life since you got sick?

My energy ain't what it used to be. I gotta get more outta less most days. It also changed my perspective. There's no time to waste. I feel like I gotta go out and conquer the world in a day.

What do you feel is the strongest line you’ve ever written and why?

Fam, you just made me go through my tracks for like a hour tryin to answer this question lol. I hate to do it, but I gotta keep it 100, I can't pick just one line. I take pride in my lyrics. I got a gang of bars over my first 3 projects, and then Reservoir Dog about to drop on top of it. You gotta listen, and tell me what your favorite is cuz I cannot decide.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN