Interview: mc logic + definition of fresh + dunn deal promotions



Detroit-bred Virginia-based M.C. Logic presents “The Listener”, the single from Personal Legend, his new album produced by fellow Virginia resident Dub-L-Oh-Skytzo. Inspired to pursue a rap career after reading Paulo Coelho’s book _The Alchemist_, M.C. Logic has released seven independent music projects including The Rhapsody, also produced by Dub-L-Oh-Skytzo. M.C. Logic describes the single as “a dedication to the people who take the time to listen to my music and for those who just truly have an appreciation for music. I’m a listener as well as an artist so it’s also a dedication track to the artists that I listened to who influenced me.”  Personal Legend is available now on Bandcamp and iTunes.

How are you adjusting musically and personally after the release of Personal Legend?

Musically, I’ve been continuing to perform tracks from the album but now I’ll perform them with some variations. I’ve been collabing with some artists that I’ve met recently. Even stepping outside of my element by doing a track called “Don’t Fear Failure” with this band called The Fire Tonight. I’ll definitely be doing more work with them. On a personal note, I’m just assessing where I am with my career and how to make the most of the situation. I’ve had some time to just take a second and decompress from all the work that goes into releasing an album. I’ve been making new music but I’m not deep into any projects yet. I’ve just been getting things aligned to drop some really dope music in 2016 and 2017.

How do you feel this album differs from your previous releases?

It’s definitely the best album that I’ve released. It’s the most cohesive and the most well executed of all my releases. It’s most comparable to “The Rhapsody” which was also produced by DubLOhSkytzo but this one just feels like something special. I’m really proud of this album.
 
 
Who do you think is the most underrated rapper in hiphop and why?

I think Black Thought is the most underrated rapper. He’s known amongst his peers and old school hip hop heads but not too many people of today’s generation really know or respect how ill he is on the mic. His verse on “The Imperial” was just flawless.

What do you think are the pros and cons of the hiphop scene today?

I think the pro is that there is still a hip hop scene. I’m just happy to see that the type of hip hop that I love resonates with the younger generation. The con is that there are also a lot of younger cats rhyming that have a total disregard for the pioneers. They don’t take time to study the history of hip hop and it shows in their music and horrible stage shows. 

 
What line of yours do you think you should go down in history for and why?

“I wanna live eternal and pray the world remember me/so allow me to say ‘thank you’ for listening”. Artists want to make timeless music and hopefully music that inspires people. That line is my way of expressing that sentiment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN