News: Dee-1 Turned Down A Cash Money Records Contract Offer


Dee-1, New Orleans rapper who just released his Free Lunch & Sallie Mae mixtape, is still letting the ink dry on his recently announced that he signed to RCA Records... To the public's surprise, during a telling interview with Dr. Boyce Watkins, Dee-1 revealed prior to finding solace with RCA, he actually turned down an offer from Cash Money Records.

“[Cash Money CEO] Slim reached out, and me and Slim were talking back and forth for several months. They were trying to sign me to Cash Money,” said Dee. “He flew me to Miami, put me in a studio where they do all their recording, it’s crazy…It didn’t feel right in spirit, it just didn’t. I couldn’t put my finger on it. It’s not like they weren’t gonna offer me money, of course they were gonna offer me money. Of course I’m not a millionaire. It would have been like, ‘This is cool, I could probably do some good with this.’ I never make decisions based on money. I could take a $100 bill and tear it up and then it’s worthless. You can’t do that with your integrity.”


Full interview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EwSjBkcXW8

Link: http://www.brothersonsports.com/dr-boyce-watkins-why-this-rapper-turned-down-a-deal-from-lil-waynes-label/


***Thanks to Miss Dimplez for sending***

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN