DOF Interview: 21 Questions w/ Revalation


DEF!NITION OF FRESH aka DOF presents you to New Bedford,MA emcee Revalation. This talented rhyme spitta has callaborated with respected artist such as Sha Stimuli, King Magnetic (A.O.T.P.), Tremanology, REKS, XL (of the Kreators)and his EMS Crew to name a few. Revalation is bringing consciousness back to the game with a versatile flow and hard hitting rhymes. Currently Rev is working on his new mixtape entitled "Feature Presentation"...Now it's time to check out the interview "21 Questions w/Revalation".


Born: Christopher L. Figueroa (in South Bronx, NY) 

What's On TV: Dexter, The Wire, Breaking Bad, Sons of Anarchy, Mad Men, True Blood, Boardwalk Empire, The Following, Prison Break, Rescue Me, Entourage, The Sopranos, The Shield, Heroes, Bates Motel, Revenge... 

What's On My Ipod: I listen to everything but I love oldies, like old motown joints and stuff like that. Of course your normal dose of hip-hop: Biggie, 2pac, Nas, Gang Starr, Big Pun, Eminem, Wu-Tang, De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Blackstar, Jay-Z, Rakim, EPMD, LL Cool J, Redman, Ludacris, Big Daddy Kane, Run DMC, Big L, Kanye West, 50 Cent, Lupe Fiasco, Slaughterhouse, The Game, J.Cole, Kendrick Lamar, Fabolous, Little Brother, Pusha T, Jay Electronica, Outkast, Snoop Dogg, Dr. Dre, Mobb Deep, Atmosphere, Brother Ali, Murs, Sha Stimuli, RA the Rugged Man, Ras Kass, Chino XL, Immortal Technique just to name a few. 

What I Drive: 2003 Ford Taures (Blue)

Dream Car: I don't need a new Bugatti or anything, I'm simple. A brand New Nissan Maxima would suffice lol. If I wanted to get sporty and extravagant then a Ferrari 458.

Favorite Flick: I'm a big movie buff so there are too many to name, here are a few. Scarface, Goodfellas, Juice, Above the Rim, The Godfather, Boyz N Da Hood, Donnie Darko, Old School, Wedding Crashers, The Heat, Ted, As Good As It Gets, Halloween, Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm St., Hellraiser, Beef, Beats, Rhymes & Life, Loose Change, Bad Boys 1&2, House Party 1-3 and many more... 

When did you fall in "love'' with Hip Hop? I fell in love with Hip-Hop around the age of 8. My uncle would play me tapes of KRS-One (who was from our area in the South Bronx), Run DMC, LL Cool J, Rakim, EPMD, etc. And right away it was just something I could relate to and connect with based on the culture grew up with and the area we lived in. Being Puerto Rican and growing up in the Bronx, I was immersed in Hip-Hop culture from emceeing, to djing to graffiti, to break dancing it was all around me growing up. 

Favorite Emcee: It's tough to really narrow this down to one. I mean I really can't pick one but my personal Top 10 would be (and this isn't in order) KRS-One, Nas, Rakim, Kool G. Rap, Biggie, 2pac, Eminem, Jay-Z, Big Pun and Big Daddy Kane.

Favorite Group: De La Soul, A Tribe Called Quest, Wu-Tang Clan, Slaughterhouse 

Favorite Producer: DJ Premier, Dr. Dre, Rza, Pete Rock, Timbaland, Kanye West, Just Blaze, Marley Marl, J.Dilla, Q-Tip, No I.D., 9th Wonder, Alchemist, Hi-Tek, ?uestlove, Black Milk, Marco Polo, Kno, Domingo

1st rap album you ever purchased? KRS-One - Return of the Boom Bap




When did you spit your 1st bar and do you remember it? I spit my first bar at about age 14 and I have no idea what it was honestly but I know it was wack as hell lol! 

1st Job: Newspaper delivery boy 

Hidden Talent: Acting, I went to school for it but most people that know me through music don't know that about me. 

Favorite Meal You Can Cook: Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo

Dream Collabo: A posse cut with me, Eminem, Big Pun, 2pac, Biggie & Nas produced by DJ Premier 

Greatest Love: Family 

Favorite Sports Team/Teams: Yankees (grew up 15 minutes from the stadium), then moved to MA and as a teenager got into other sports so then I liked the Patriots, Celtics, etc. 

Favorite Websites: DOF of course! haha. HipHopDX, DJBooth, AllHipHop, Google, RapGodFathers 

Motto: "Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!" 

Any Last Words: Yea shout out to J.Rizzle and DOF for the interview, shout out to my fans and supporters around the globe, shout out to my crew EMS and shout out to my friends, family and Kendra (my girl) who constantly supports my dreams


More Information on Revalation:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/Revalation/

Twitter: www.twitter.com/RevOfEMS/

Youtube: www.youtube.com/Revalation/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

News: BRIA MYLES BARES IT ALL FOR MELO KĀN IN CONTROVERSIAL "ROYAL" CAMPAIGN